Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's in a name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

I decided to call this blog "Ring Bell for Service" after the sign you commonly see at Inns and Auto Body Shops. I've done so with a sense of irony as, it is both a sign and a sentiment that I hate. I think that customer service in our society is in decline. I believe that we all live as consumers in this culture and that if we have an open dialogue about how to be better consumers we can have a positive effect on the service environment (I'm sure this will be a recurring topic in this blog)

I don't intend this blog to strictly focus on customer service. There will likely be a lot of different posts on here ranging from comments on current events, and product reviews to musings about life and funny anecdotes. In the coming days I plan to try to come up with some convention for making posts easier to identify by their titles etc. I'll keep you posted.

I guess I could have called this blog anything really, thankfully Blogger has few restrictions and with creative spelling we can call ourselves just about whatever we want :) I chose this name because it speaks to me right now, and it should be easy to remember. The tone and content of the blog will not be restricted though so whether this was called RBfS or DCs Blog it is still going to be an exploration of topics that interest me (and I hope my followers) and an evolving product.

I plan on having a long journey ahead of me, I hope you will join me.
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment